- Posted on
- April 22, 2020
Our young and dynamic installation team is searching for a motivated and energic welder who likes to travel. The candidate will have many opportunities to travel to install conveyors in Canada and in the United States of America. During the installation, housing, phone costs and food will be covered. In aliition, the employee will have to be open to seeing his job description evolve according to his strengths and the needs of the business.
If you are looking for a job where you can travel across the United States and Canada where you can give your 100 %, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
Planiform Conveyors was established more than 50 years ago and provides garment conveyor systems to distribution centers, retail stores and industrial laundries. Our systems can be automated or manual and are often custom fitted to the client’s needs. Although Planiform’s sales are mainly in the US and Canada, we do have clients worldwide. Planiform has been and is still in a major and considerable growth and now counts almost 60 awesome and very happy employees!
- Install different types of conveyors and material hanuling systems at our clients’ locations which are mostly in the United States.
- Weld and assemble different metal parts (mainly steel)
- CO2 gas welding with mig wire
- Work with the installation and engineering team to meet deaulines and requirements.
- Help with manufacturing conveyors in our factory when there are no installations occurring.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical problems on conveyors.
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
- 1 to 6 months’ experience.
- Having a valid driver’s licence.
- Having basic tools (hammer, pliers, measuring tape, etc…).
- Experience in conveyor installation (an asset).
- Capacity to work in a team setting, punctual and autonomous.
- Open to travel across Canada and the United State for a maximum of 2 consecutive months at a time
- Really competitive salary, due to many hours during travelling. After 40 hours of work, employees will be paid time and a half. Also, there is a travelling premium of 3.00$ for each hour worked on the installation.
- During outdoor installations, employees are housed at the expense of the company and receive an allowance for food and cell phones.
- Comprehensive insurance (Medical, vision, dental, life and disability).
- RRSP program
- Possibility of paid sick leave
- The business is close during the holidays.
- Possibility of supplementary paid days during the December holiday period.
- Possibility to have your safety boots paid by the employer.
- Working in an awesome team with an amazing ambiance.
- An opportunity of tackle challenges in a company that is growing.
- Great opportunity to travel across Canada and the United States!