Do you want to contribute to the success of a VERY dynamic company that offers challenging opportunities? Planiform is currently looking for a Automation Engineer / Technician. The workplace is at the Terrebonne research and development laboratory. The engineering department includes 15 employees. Planiform is in the midst of rapid growth and has over 70 fantastic employees!
New R&D product : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhJ03KGevWA
Planiform was founded 50 years ago and is specialized in designing, manufacturing and installing automated conveyor systems for distribution centers, retail stores and industrial laundromats. Our conveyor systems are often tailor-made according to the needs of our customers. Although Planiform's sales are mainly in the USA and Canada, we also have customers all over the world.
Our team : https://www.planiform.com/our-team
Why work at Planiform?
- Engineer : salary depending on experience starting at $80,000
- Technician : salary depending on experience starting at $70,000
- Bonus up to $3,600 per year
- Flexible hours
- Flexibility to finish at noon on Friday
- RRSP program including employer contribution
- Collective insurance including employer contribution (drugs, eyewear, dental, travel, life, disability and dependent life)
- Amount allocated to engineers for OIQ training
- The annual contribution to be a member of the OIQ is reimbursed in full by the employer
- Minimum of 3 personal days per year
- Afternoon off on your birthday
- Closed during the holiday season
- Additional paid time off during the holiday season
- Collective garden during the summer
- Unlimited coffee with new new espresso machines!
- Allowance for your activities outside of work
- Possibility to bring your pet to work
- Excellent working atmosphere and many social activities
What will your responsibilities be?
As an Automation Engineer / Technician at Planiform, you will be responsible for several customer and R&D projects, your ideas will be listened to and taken into consideration and you will be considered a key player. This is the advantage of working for an SME!
- As an automation engineer at Planiform, you will be responsible for several customer and R&D projects, your ideas will be listened to and taken into consideration and you will be considered a key player. This is the advantage of working for an SME!
- Work closely with project managers and the multidisciplinary technical team (mechanical, computer, electrical, etc.).
- Design automation projects from A to Z, including the programming of PLCs, PCs as well as monitoring the design of electrical panels.
- Participate in the “brainstorming” of automation projects.
- With the help of the mechanical engineer, participate in the development and mechanical design;
- Perform system commissioning and act as a resource person when required.
- Provide technical support following system start-up.
- Support engineering by making corrections and/or program modifications.
- If necessary, participate in the development of bids.
- Any other related tasks that may help advance the projects entrusted to you.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree / Technique in automated production engineering; Bachelor's degree/ Technique in electrical engineering; Bachelor's degree/ Technique in robotics engineering; Bachelor's degree/ Technique in mechatronics engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Good knowledge of PLC / HMI systems
- Good knowledge of electricity (control and power)
- French required (intermediate or advanced level)
- Be passionate and innovative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of mechanical systems
- Be a cheerful person!