Do you want to contribute to the success of a VERY dynamic company that offers challenging opportunities? Planiform is currently looking for an Electronic Engineering Technician. The workplace is at the Terrebonne research and development laboratory. The engineering department includes 15 employees. Planiform is in the midst of rapid growth and has over 70 fantastic employees!
New R&D product : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhJ03KGevWA
Planiform was founded 50 years ago and is specialized in designing, manufacturing and installing automated conveyor systems for distribution centers, retail stores and industrial laundromats. Our conveyor systems are often tailor-made according to the needs of our customers. Although Planiform's sales are mainly in the USA and Canada, we also have customers all over the world.
Our team : https://www.planiform.com/our-team
Why work at Planiform?
- Salary depending on experience starting at $70,000
- Additional Bonus up to $3,600 per year
- Flexible hours
- Flexibility to finish at noon on Friday
- RRSP program including employer contribution
- Collective insurance including employer contribution (drugs, eyewear, dental, travel, life, disability and dependent life)
- Minimum of 3 personal days per year
- Afternoon off on your birthday
- Closed during the holiday season
- Additional paid time off during the holiday season
- Collective garden during the summer
- Unlimited coffee with new new espresso machines!
- Allowance for your activities outside of work
- Possibility to bring your pet to work
- Excellent working atmosphere and many social activities
What will your responsibilities be?
As an Electronic Engineering Technician at Planiform, your ideas will be listened to and taken into consideration and you will be considered a key player. This is the advantage of working for an SME!
- Carry out research and development of electronic products
- Draw the diagrams (electrical and PCBs)
- Firmware development in C for microcontrollers
- Writing documents (specifications, instructions, notices and manuals)
- Provide technical support
- Maintain knowledge of the products, standards and technologies available in your specialty
- Ensure that the work is carried out according to plans, specifications and applicable standards
- Monitor the manufacturing of the project (prototype)
- Analyze test results and be able to make recommendations
- Any other related tasks that may help advance the projects entrusted to you.
What we are looking for:
- Dec in electronic, electrical, computer engineering or other equivalent training
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Intermediate English (so you can communicate with suppliers and customers located in the United States)
- Knowledge of multimeter, oscilloscope, ammeter tools
- Knowledge of digital electronics, microcontrollers, standard communication interfaces
- Good dexterity for soldering electronic components
- Ability to read an electrical/electronic diagram
- Be passionate and innovative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have experience in a manufacturing environment (an asset)
- Knowledge of mechanical systems (an asset)
- Be a cheerful person!