Planiform is currently looking for an R&D Engineering Director to join its team. Planiform is in the midst of rapid growth and has over 70 fantastic employees! The workplace is at the Terrebonne research and development laboratory. The engineering department includes 15 employees, including 3 managers who report to the Engineering Director.
Planiform was founded over 50 years ago. We design, manufacture and install automated conveyor systems for distribution centers, retail stores and industrial laundries. Our conveyor systems are often tailor-made according to the needs of our customers. Although Planiform's sales are mainly in the USA and Canada, we also have customers all around the world.
Our team : https://www.planiform.com/our-team
Why come to work at Planiform?
- Salary depending on experience.
- Flexibility to finish at noonon Friday
- RRSP program including employer contribution
- Collective insuranceincluding employer contribution (drugs, eyewear, dental, travel, life, disability and dependent life)
- Amount allocated to engineers for OIQ training
- The annual contributionto be a member of the OIQ is reimbursed in full by the employer
- Minimum of 3 personal daysper year
- Afternoon off on your birthday
- Paid closure during the holiday period
- Collective garden during the summer
- Unlimited coffee with new new espresso machines!
- Allowance for your activities outside of work
- Possibility to bring your pet to work
- Excellent working atmosphere and many social activities!
What will your responsibilities be?
As the Engineering Director, you will be responsible of the engineering department which includes 3 verticals: mechanical, automation and programming. As Planiform is currently in a strong growth, the Engineering Director will have to review the department's processes to make the engineering more efficient both on the project side and in R&D. You will also be the technical reference for large-scale R&D projects. You will be considered a key player.
- Oversee the technical side of our R&D product : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhJ03KGevWA
- Ensure the performance of the engineering department
- Analyze interdepartmental issues and find solutions
- Improve communication between sales, projects and engineering
- Supervise the teams of the engineering department (atmosphere, equipment and evaluation)
- Management of department budgets
- Assess engineering staffing needs in conjunction with the PMO
- Implement a method standardization program for the department's various engineering practices
- Implement a performance culture based on fair and relevant KPIs
- Patent management and approval of their technical content in order to ensure the best protection of our intellectual property.
- Be responsible for the quality of Planiform products which includes reliability, performance and value for money, make approval gates, write good DRD scopes and identify product improvements beneficial to the business
- Write and propose DRDs with a clear and precise scope (S.M.A.R.T. objective)
- Be in charge of the vertical application as a technical advisor to support sales submission projects
- Stay abreast of market developments and technological trends in order to be able to offer new products that will ensure the growth of the company
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Having supervised a large-scale R&D project from A to Z including automation, mechanics and software development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an R&D director role
- Experience in personnel management of 6 employees or more
- Skilled communicator and verbalizer (French and English)
- Be passionate and innovative
- To be disciplined
- Have experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate with a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Marked problem solving skills Mec-Auto-Logiciel
- Skilled in project management R&D focus: Agile (scrum) R&D and waterfall (Jira and MS project) client projects.
- Familiar with vaulting, content center, CAD to BOM (an asset)
- In-depth knowledge of ERP
- Be a good-natured person!